I got this one from a blogger I just stumbled upon while looking for information on seaweed dyes. She did a giveaway that's a little unusual, and I liked the idea. Thanks, Wicked.
Read the rules carefully though, as there are a couple of catches.
The first five (5) people to respond to this post will get something made by me.
1. I make no guarantees that you will like what I make. You get what you get.
2. What I create will be just for you...if you have a blog I can mine for ideas, it might be based on what I think you'll like - or it might be random.
3. It'll be done this year (2009).
4. I will not give you any clue what it's going to be. It will be something made in the real world and not something cyber. It may be weird or beautiful. It may be baked goods.
5. I reserve the right to do something strange, if inspired to do so.
6. In return, all you need to do is post this text into a note of your own - or a blog post - and make something for the first 5 people to respond to your note.
7. Send me your mailing address if you don't live close to me!
IMPORTANT: You DO have to pay it forward.
So that's what I copied from Wicked...with my own changes. I would like to add that the value is not high - I won't be knitting five lace shawls. Plus we've all got postage to consider.
I took out the line that said that you have to make something for me too, as well as your five people - I'm not going to require that, but if you feel like it, by all means have at it.
If you want to participate, great. Leave a comment with a link where I can find your post. Email with your address and I'll start working on your creation later this month. Fun!